VP Investment Banking, Information Services & Software
Our client is the leading investment bank providing M&A and private capital financing advisory services exclusively to private and public companies in the Information & Business Services/Software industry. The focus includes data analytics, software, FinTech and Sports Analytics among others. On the principal investing side, the firm advises companies interested in accessing capital across the private equity spectrum, from venture capital to later stage private equity buyouts. On the advisory side, the firm provides M&A advisory services to private, emerging growth players, and multi-billion dollar public market leaders. The firm works closely with its clients to understand their needs, define objectives, evaluate strategic alternatives, and execute transactions (M&A and growth capital) from inception to completion. Our client is well known and regarded for its Information & Business Services/Software sector expertise among the top industry participants -- from large acquirers and major PE/VC firms to the leading emerging growth companies.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The firm is looking for a top caliber and experienced Vice President to be actively involved in deal execution and client deal teams. Strong skills and experience in the following areas are important: -The analysis of businesses and their financials -Communications (in written materials and verbally) -At least some M&A transaction experience -Comfort in working directly with senior client executives and PE/VC firms - Investment banking experience and previous notable academic performance are required. - Qualified candidates must be capable of producing high quality work products independently and as part of a collegial team. - Candidates must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving abilities and a comprehensive understanding of accounting and finance. - Investment banking experience with an industry coverage, financial sponsors or M&A group is preferred. - Ideally, a candidate's experience should be with growth oriented industries and companies.
Our client is an investment bank and their Healthcare group is looking for a Vice President and Director in their Minneapolis office.
- Assisting the Managing Director or Director in client engagements
- Completing detailed due diligence on new clients, including meeting with client management to gain a thorough understanding of the business
- Preparing high quality engagement materials describing the client business and future growth prospects and synergies with potential buyers
- Preparing detailed financial analyses to effectively model the client's business and future growth opportunities
- Identifying and researching potential buyers or investors for each engagement
- Coordinating the execution phase of the engagement, including follow-up with prospective buyers to determine their level of interest, answer any questions they may have, and provide additional information as requested
- Assisting the client with the coordination of the due diligence process; - -- Staying abreast of new developments within assigned areas of healthcare and technology by monitoring the activities of potential buyers, including regular direct briefings with key management to have first person knowledge of their acquisition strategies and criteria
- Tracking recent mid-market M&A activity in the industry
- Following the financial performance of public companies within the sector; Leading the research, positioning and writing of at least one of the firm's research report on the healthcare industry each year
- Assisting in the preparation of client proposals and presentations.
- Requires 25% travel within U.S