Chief Operating Officer - Placed at a leading global private equity and venture capital firm
New York, NY
Our client is a leading global venture capital firm founded in 2005 to offer entrepreneurs something new: a support system of funding, feet on the ground in the world’s largest markets, deep thematic expertise and access to vast networks of advisors and corporate partners. Our client manages over $1Bn across 4 funds and is a loyal investor in early growth stage companies with the discipline to create both financial and strategic value
Our client is seeking an Associate to join the firm's Palo Alto office, to focus on early growth stage investing.
Our client operates a structured 2-3 year program that will allow candidates to work with some of the world’s best entrepreneurs across 3 continents, be part of a diverse and energetic investment team and be immersed in the world of startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital.
The Associate is an investment professional with two to four years of total prior work experience. The individual must have a passion for technology, products and startups, either demonstrated through choice of jobs or by a deep involvement with the startup ecosystem.
Our client is a long/short hedge fund seeking a mid-level analyst to focus on semiconductors and hardware.
POSITION: Pre-MBA Associate, Real Assets
* The Associate position is a two-year program with the potential for a third year if mutually agreeable. This is a pre-MBA role.
LOCATION: Menlo Park
TIMING: SUMMER 2020
This team is responsible for managing a portfolio of domestic and international real estate, natural resources and agriculture related investments. The new member of the team will work alongside the existing real assets professionals in sourcing and evaluating new investments as well as monitoring existing investments.
This is a role focused on making co-investments, secondaries and fund investments.
Los Angeles-based investment and asset management firm seeks Analyst/Associate to join investment team.
Our client is a growth equity firm, founded in 2009, with $2.0 billion of capital raised that invests in technology businesses globally. The Limited Partners (investors) are current and former Fortune 500 senior-level executives or board members, successful entrepreneurs, and strategic advisors to large companies. The firm leverages this network of LPs to help its portfolio companies succeed.
Our Client is an outsourced chief investment office who is seeking a new associate to join their research team. The research team is the engine for generating attractive investment opportunities for implementation in client portfolios.
The primary responsibilities of this individual would be:
1. Investment Thesis Development – Work with senior members of the team to identify and research key investment opportunities that will be accretive to client portfolios. Incorporate market knowledge and the context of current portfolio risk allocations to find strategies that provide compelling risk/return profiles.
2. Manager Diligence – Drive rigorous and comprehensive due diligence of asset managers and other investment opportunities. Develop the diligence workplan and execute on it. Diligence activities include meetings with managers; quantitative analysis of portfolios and performance; qualitative assessments of team, investment process and research quality; and external referencing and triangulation. The diligence process concludes with a detailed written investment presentation for discussion among the team and with the Investment Committee.
3. Investment Monitoring and Portfolio Management – Ongoing diligence and monitoring of investment managers and opportunities, including formal quarterly review of invested managers. Continuous evaluation of the investment opportunity set and risk contribution to the broader portfolio.
4. Client Team Engagement (50% of the work) – Support client portfolio management teams. This includes communicating the latest insights and opportunities, providing analytical support for portfolios and helping with manager-specific questions.
Our client provides expansion and growth capital to commercial-stage specialty pharmaceutical, medical technology, and healthcare services companies, the latter including businesses focused on cost containment and digital health. They believe that these investment areas are attractive largely due to numerous niche market sub-segments and business models where high-quality management teams can rapidly grow small platform companies, in a capital efficient way, into large and important businesses. The firm targets $15-$30 million investments in commercial healthcare entities that have the potential to scale to approximately $100-$150 million of revenue, a highly attractive level for acquisition or to access the public markets.
This group manages $15 billion in a Fund of PE Fund/Co-investment/Secondaries format in venture capital, domestic and international private equity and natural resources.