Pre-MBA VC Associate, Enterprise Focused, Bay Area
Our client is a leading global venture capital firm founded in 2005 to offer entrepreneurs something new: a support system of funding, feet on the ground in the world’s largest markets, deep thematic expertise and access to vast networks of advisors and corporate partners. Our client manages over $1Bn across 4 funds and is a loyal investor in early growth stage companies with the discipline to create both financial and strategic value
Our client is seeking an Associate to join the firm's Palo Alto office, to focus on early growth stage investing.
Our client operates a structured 2-3 year program that will allow candidates to work with some of the world’s best entrepreneurs across 3 continents, be part of a diverse and energetic investment team and be immersed in the world of startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital.
The Associate is an investment professional with two to four years of total prior work experience. The individual must have a passion for technology, products and startups, either demonstrated through choice of jobs or by a deep involvement with the startup ecosystem.
Source new investment ideas:
Actively network and immerse self in the Bay Area tech community, especially in enterprise
Assist with marketing through writing articles and organizing events
Research and evaluate high potential ideas and technologies
Propose and defend prospective breakout opportunities
Analyze market size and segments
Assess competitive landscapes
Identify and engage domain experts for answers to specific questions
Execute due diligence on deals:
Exhibit superior financial modeling skills
Perform market research
Deliver business plan evaluation
Actively manage investment diligence
Perform company performance analysis
Work closely on the portfolio
Help prepare portfolio allocation summaries, LP communications and valuation analysis
Assist existing portfolio companies:
Build relationships with CEOs and executives at portfolio companies and understand their priorities
Leverage personal skills and network to assist the company
Our client is a long/short hedge fund seeking a mid-level analyst to focus on semiconductors and hardware.
The ideal candidate will have two to five years of relevant experience. The analyst will be responsible for conducting fundamental due diligence on existing and potential investments and will also be expected to help with idea generation. The analyst will report into the TMT Sector Head.
Our client is a NYC based VC Backed innovative startup that provides oral care product and dental services online.
Our client is seeking a Chief of Staff to the CEO.
The Chief of Staff role requires an exceptional leader - one who know how to lead from principle and respect-based influence rather than authority and that can bring judgment and experience to the role and organization at large.
- Allow the CEO to focus on impact by ensuring that vision, culture, and intent is properly developed and communicated across teams
- Manage team meetings, including planning, agenda, notes, and execution of action items. Distill discussions and thoughts into strategic plans
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g. executive team meetings, quarterly business reviews, leadership offsite)
- Execute deliverables with a hands-on approach including drafting correspondence from the CEO and other tasks that facilitate the ability to effectively execute top priorities.
- Drive execution of action items agreed upon by the CEO and the executive team.
- Drive operational and planning processes to completion in partnership with the executive team and the broader organization.
- Create structure and focus for broad, ambiguous ideas that the executive team is exploring and bring forth recommendations for action in a timely manner
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, and more. Step in where help is most needed.
- Work closely with the CEO's EA to manage the prioritization of schedules and meetings.
- Travel occasionally with or on behalf of our CEO to high-priority events.
* The Associate position is a two-year program with the potential for a third year if mutually agreeable. This is a pre-MBA role.
LOCATION: Menlo Park
TIMING: SUMMER 2020
This team is responsible for managing a portfolio of domestic and international real estate, natural resources and agriculture related investments. The new member of the team will work alongside the existing real assets professionals in sourcing and evaluating new investments as well as monitoring existing investments.
This is a role focused on making co-investments, secondaries and fund investments.
· Support the real assets team in all aspects of fund, secondary, co-investment and direct investment diligence: manager meetings, quantitative and qualitative evaluation, site visits and preparation of investment committee materials
· Gather and synthesize industry data
· Evaluate portfolio performance and articulate key findings and trends
· Prepare internal quarterly reports and provide asset class specific data/information to be provided in external quarterly letters
· Complete special projects as they arise
· Minimum of two years of experience at a leading investment management, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting firm
· Involvement in making direct investments and/or selecting investment managers is desirable, but is not a prerequisite
· A strong understanding of capital markets and complex investment strategies
· Interest in portfolio theory and/or the endowment model of investing
· Strong financial modeling skills and ability to make thoughtful recommendations
· Excellent undergraduate academic credentials
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Able to travel as needed
Our Client is a leading middle market investment bank. They are currently looking for a VP and a Director to focus on Healthcare Equity Capital Markets
Equity Capital Markets The Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team advise, structure and execute a range of equity offerings for corporations.
The ECM team primarily provides advice on how best to structure deals and then works with the client to execute the transaction. This is an opportunity execute on deals and to develop a role in origination.
The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable role in all aspects of the transaction process and pursuit of strategic business ideas. S/he will join a dynamic team that is far reaching, forward moving and also have the opportunity to work with clients and senior management.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following: Participate in the origination and execution of equity transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on equity offerings and convertibles. Target potential equity issuers and new equity capital raising by corporate clients; perform buy-side investor, equity market conditions and offering size analyses, and prepare equity roadshow layouts. Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the investment bank, including the capital markets, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions departments.
Investment Banking Analyst and Associate, Life Sciences and MedTech
Our client is a leading middle market investment bank. They are currently looking for an Analyst and an Associate for their growing Life Sciences/Healthcare group in New York, NY. This position will offer exposure to a variety of different verticals and give you the ability to hone your skills in M&A, debt, and equity executions. Sector exposure is including but not limited to biopharma, medtech and medical devices.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The firm is looking for a top caliber and experienced Analyst and Associate to be actively involved in deal execution and client deal teams (which also include a VP, Director and MD) in NYC.
Strong skills and experience in the following areas are important:
-The analysis of businesses and their financials
-Communications (in written materials and verbally)
-M&A and/or capital markets transaction experience
-Comfort in working directly with senior client executives and PE/VC firms - Investment banking experience
- Qualified candidates must be capable of producing high quality work products independently and as part of a collegial team.
- Candidates must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving abilities and a comprehensive understanding of accounting and finance.
- Investment banking experience with a Healthcare coverage group preferred