Senior Associate - Placed with a privately owned, global investment firm
New York, NY
New growth equity fund is looking for the top Associates to join the team for their expansion into Latin America. As part of this new venture, you’ll play an active role in diligence, structuring, and financing transactions in the technology sector, as well as assist in monitoring portfolio companies. You’ll work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment with frequent opportunities to interact with the firm’s senior leadership. You’ll play an active role in providing insights and analysis on innovative technology trends and global markets.
POSITION: Analyst, PE Secondaries
LOCATION: New York City
Our client is a $40B+ private equity investor who is seeking to add a new Analyst to their team. The Analyst will support the US Investment Team by working primarily with the secondaries team, as well as any other investment related initiatives that are undertaken over time.
- Fund and deal screening & research
- Fund and company modelling including performance metrics and timing of cash flows from the time of investment
- Due diligence support (competency on all areas of the due diligence and investment process)
- Investment judgement (help assess merits / risks of an investment in an insightful way)
- Help coordinate and execute closing legal documentation
- Support with investment recommendation preparation
- Assist in monitoring investments
- Assist in producing material for investor presentations, as well as work with client service and marketing teams by providing market and portfolio information as requested
- Complete non deal related tasks such as Corporate Action Memos
- Complete various ad hoc research projects
- Support on origination initiatives
- Review and negotiate NDAs
- 1-3 years of finance experience (investment banking or private equity preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Financial analysis and valuation modelling experience
- Understanding of key financial terms and valuation metrics
POSITION: Research Associate (Manager/FOF Research Team)
Our Client is an outsourced chief investment office who is seeking a new associate to join their research team. The research team is the engine for generating attractive investment opportunities for implementation in client portfolios. As a rapidly growing firm, we are seeking an individual who can contribute to all stages of the research process, including sourcing investment ideas, asset manager due diligence and risk monitoring.
The primary responsibilities of this individual would be:
1. Investment Thesis Development – Work with senior members of the team to identify and research key investment opportunities that will be accretive to client portfolios. Incorporate market knowledge and the context of current portfolio risk allocations to find strategies that provide compelling risk/return profiles.
2. Manager Diligence – Drive rigorous and comprehensive due diligence of asset managers and other investment opportunities. Develop the diligence workplan and execute on it. Diligence activities include meetings with managers; quantitative analysis of portfolios and performance; qualitative assessments of team, investment process and research quality; and external referencing and triangulation. The diligence process concludes with a detailed written investment presentation for discussion among the team and with the Investment Committee.
3. Investment Monitoring and Portfolio Management – Ongoing diligence and monitoring of investment managers and opportunities, including formal quarterly review of invested managers. Continuous evaluation of the investment opportunity set and risk contribution to the broader portfolio.
4. Client Team Engagement – Support client portfolio management teams. This includes communicating the latest insights and opportunities, providing analytical support for portfolios and helping with manager-specific questions.
2-4 years of work experience in asset management in either an external manager selection or direct investment role preferred. Will also consider strong investment oriented individuals with management consulting, investment banking or similar backgrounds
Strong quantitative analysis and problem solving skills
Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
Flexible entrepreneurial attitude, an appetite for challenge and a team-oriented approach
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
Our client provides expansion and growth capital to commercial-stage specialty pharmaceutical, medical technology, and healthcare services companies, the latter including businesses focused on cost containment and digital health. They believe that these investment areas are attractive largely due to numerous niche market sub-segments and business models where high-quality management teams can rapidly grow small platform companies, in a capital efficient way, into large and important businesses. The firm targets $15-$30 million investments in commercial healthcare entities that have the potential to scale to approximately $100-$150 million of revenue, a highly attractive level for acquisition or to access the public markets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Our client is a leading healthcare-dedicated investment firm that invests in life science companies developing biopharmaceutical products and creating businesses based on advanced life science technologies. The firm predominantly invests in later-stage companies with products that are in clinical development or on the market, but assesses and invests in companies across all stages of development. Investment structures vary widely, from Series A venture capital financings to large buyouts. The team of investment professionals has diverse backgrounds in finance, medicine and consulting. The Principals of the fund play an active role in the large majority of their investments, usually joining the Board of Directors and working closely with management to build value. The fund also has a strong track record of multiple successful exits.
The Analyst will be an integral member of the investment team, and focus primarily on conducting in-depth due diligence of both private and public healthcare companies. This will include:
The Analyst will work closely with experienced members of the team, who will provide guidance and mentorship. He or she should be comfortable working in small teams as well as highly capable of working independently. The Analyst is expected to be an active participant in all Partner meetings.
Position: Private Equity Primaries Senior Associate / Vice President
Our Client is a multi-billion global private equity firm headquartered in New York City specializing in fund and secondary investments in leveraged buyout funds, as well as co-investments alongside those general partners.
The firm seeks a Senior Associate or Vice President to focus on their Fund of Funds investing efforts and managing its existing portfolio.
The candidate’s main responsibility will be to assist the investment team in conducting due diligence on various private equity primary opportunities and assessing the merits of investment. In this role the candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in manager diligence meetings and annual meetings for buyout, credit, growth equity, real estate, and infrastructure funds
- Portfolio management, quarterly and annual portfolio reporting
- Preparing investment analysis and memoranda for presentation to the Investment Committee
- Managing a pipeline of future opportunities
- Coordinating external communication with clients
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of experience in primary private equity / FoF investing or private equity primary consulting
- Undergraduate in accounting, finance, economics or business management preferred;
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and resourcefulness;
- Financial analysis, modeling, and projection skills preferred
- Solid understanding of financial statements, capital structures, and valuation techniques;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The core expectations for this role are quality and turnaround. Analysts will be tasked with projects by the investment partners and expected to deliver a high-quality work product in an efficient time frame in the form of thoughtful, concise, and organized write-ups and/or presentations.
The core expectations for this role are quality and turnaround. Analysts will be tasked with projects by the investment partners and expected to deliver a high quality work product in an efficient time frame in the form of thoughtful, concise, and organized write-ups and/or presentations.
In the course of fulfilling that expectation, analysts should expect to:
Analysts will report directly to a partner, who will provide mentoring, feedback on job performance, and help prioritizing various assignments.