Director - Placed at a leading technology hardware firm
San Francisco, CA
Our client is a leading global venture capital firm founded in 2005 to offer entrepreneurs something new: a support system of funding, feet on the ground in the world’s largest markets, deep thematic expertise and access to vast networks of advisors and corporate partners. Our client manages over $1Bn across 4 funds and is a loyal investor in early growth stage companies with the discipline to create both financial and strategic value
Our client is seeking an Associate to join the firm's Palo Alto office, to focus on early growth stage investing.
Our client operates a structured 2-3 year program that will allow candidates to work with some of the world’s best entrepreneurs across 3 continents, be part of a diverse and energetic investment team and be immersed in the world of startups, entrepreneurship and venture capital.
The Associate is an investment professional with two to four years of total prior work experience. The individual must have a passion for technology, products and startups, either demonstrated through choice of jobs or by a deep involvement with the startup ecosystem.
Source new investment ideas:
Execute due diligence on deals:
Assist existing portfolio companies:
Our client is a long/short hedge fund seeking a mid-level analyst to focus on semiconductors and hardware.
The ideal candidate will have two to five years of relevant experience. The analyst will be responsible for conducting fundamental due diligence on existing and potential investments and will also be expected to help with idea generation. The analyst will report into the TMT Sector Head.
POSITION: Pre-MBA Associate, Real Assets
* The Associate position is a two-year program with the potential for a third year if mutually agreeable. This is a pre-MBA role.
LOCATION: Menlo Park
TIMING: SUMMER 2020
This team is responsible for managing a portfolio of domestic and international real estate, natural resources and agriculture related investments. The new member of the team will work alongside the existing real assets professionals in sourcing and evaluating new investments as well as monitoring existing investments.
This is a role focused on making co-investments, secondaries and fund investments.
· Support the real assets team in all aspects of fund, secondary, co-investment and direct investment diligence: manager meetings, quantitative and qualitative evaluation, site visits and preparation of investment committee materials
· Gather and synthesize industry data
· Evaluate portfolio performance and articulate key findings and trends
· Prepare internal quarterly reports and provide asset class specific data/information to be provided in external quarterly letters
· Complete special projects as they arise
· Minimum of two years of experience at a leading investment management, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting firm
· Involvement in making direct investments and/or selecting investment managers is desirable, but is not a prerequisite
· A strong understanding of capital markets and complex investment strategies
· Interest in portfolio theory and/or the endowment model of investing
· Strong financial modeling skills and ability to make thoughtful recommendations
· Excellent undergraduate academic credentials
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Able to travel as needed
Los Angeles-based investment and asset management firm seeks Analyst/Associate to join investment team.
Our client is a privately held, investment and asset management company headquartered in Los Angeles CA. The firm sponsors real asset investment vehicles and manages institutional capital.
Our client is a growth equity firm, founded in 2009, with $2.0 billion of capital raised that invests in technology businesses globally. The Limited Partners (investors) are current and former Fortune 500 senior-level executives or board members, successful entrepreneurs, and strategic advisors to large companies. The firm leverages this network of LPs to help its portfolio companies succeed.
Our client is looking to hire full-time Associates in their New York City office for a 2020 start. The Associate role is typically a two-year commitment, but given the size of the current investment team, exceptional performers will have the opportunity to advance upward with a long-term career path to Partnership. The fund has scaled rapidly – creating opportunities for junior employees to step into leadership positions with meaningful economics.
Associates will initially be largely focused on originating and soliciting investment opportunities for the firm. Identifying and sourcing is a critical part of the role, and requires tenacity, creativity and a self-starter approach. The firm takes an all-hands approach to sourcing by leveraging the firm’s vast network to connect with entrepreneurs.
As Associates identify interesting prospects, they will be responsible for analyzing the company’s business model, conducting financial/operating due diligence, cohort/retention analysis and presenting their findings to the investment team. Companies that elevate through the firm’s pipeline will require further due diligence. In addition to customer calls and market research, Associates will be involved with building valuation and return models, drafting of term sheets and investment memos, and ultimately overall deal execution, alongside one of the Vice Presidents or Principals at the firm.
Post-close, Associates will have the opportunity to work closely with their portfolio companies. In the past Associates have taken board seats, led management hiring, developed pricing strategies, and built KPI dashboards, among other key initiatives.
Exceptional performers in this role will have the opportunity to advance upward, as the firm is young and growing rapidly.
Our Client is an outsourced chief investment office who is seeking a new associate to join their research team. The research team is the engine for generating attractive investment opportunities for implementation in client portfolios.
The primary responsibilities of this individual would be:
1. Investment Thesis Development – Work with senior members of the team to identify and research key investment opportunities that will be accretive to client portfolios. Incorporate market knowledge and the context of current portfolio risk allocations to find strategies that provide compelling risk/return profiles.
2. Manager Diligence – Drive rigorous and comprehensive due diligence of asset managers and other investment opportunities. Develop the diligence workplan and execute on it. Diligence activities include meetings with managers; quantitative analysis of portfolios and performance; qualitative assessments of team, investment process and research quality; and external referencing and triangulation. The diligence process concludes with a detailed written investment presentation for discussion among the team and with the Investment Committee.
3. Investment Monitoring and Portfolio Management – Ongoing diligence and monitoring of investment managers and opportunities, including formal quarterly review of invested managers. Continuous evaluation of the investment opportunity set and risk contribution to the broader portfolio.
4. Client Team Engagement (50% of the work) – Support client portfolio management teams. This includes communicating the latest insights and opportunities, providing analytical support for portfolios and helping with manager-specific questions.
2-4 years of work experience in asset management in either an external manager selection or direct investment role preferred. Will also consider strong investment oriented individuals with management consulting, investment banking or similar backgrounds
Strong quantitative analysis and problem solving skills
Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
Flexible entrepreneurial attitude, an appetite for challenge and a team-oriented approach
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
Our client provides expansion and growth capital to commercial-stage specialty pharmaceutical, medical technology, and healthcare services companies, the latter including businesses focused on cost containment and digital health. They believe that these investment areas are attractive largely due to numerous niche market sub-segments and business models where high-quality management teams can rapidly grow small platform companies, in a capital efficient way, into large and important businesses. The firm targets $15-$30 million investments in commercial healthcare entities that have the potential to scale to approximately $100-$150 million of revenue, a highly attractive level for acquisition or to access the public markets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This group manages $15 billion in a Fund of PE Fund/Co-investment/Secondaries format in venture capital, domestic and international private equity and natural resources.
Assist in the investment in and oversight of private capital investment partnerships and co-investments, including global venture capital, private equity, and natural resources programs. Associates will also have exposure to secondaries opportunities, as well.