Managing Director - Placed with an early-stage investor that focuses on Enterprise IT and Fintech
Our client is a holding company with subsidiaries operating 250 franchised restaurants.
Our client is seeking a talented and motivated person to work with our client's team on a wide variety of projects involving analysis of operational and financial data. Examples of projects include reviewing restaurant operational metrics for anomalies and areas of improvement, assisting with analysis of potential changes to compensation programs, creating and reviewing projections, analyzing potential real estate acquisitions, and the like.
Additional Helpful Skills:
Our client is a leading multi-billion dollar hedge fund and global institutional asset manager based in Connecticut.
Our client is seeking Senior Management Associates (SMAs) to join our client as world-class managers, and once here are collectively responsible for shaping and growing the future leadership at our client. Our client is hiring SMAs to play leadership roles in their Core Management Team (CMT), in which their Chief Talent Officer is rapidly building resources dedicated to enriching our client’s most precious resource, its people. The CTO’s organization is presently composed of sub-teams such as Talent Management, Learning, Development, and “Management Experience” whose collective goal is to create and foster a thriving human capital ecosystem at our client.
They are currently seeking an SMA with passion for and a track record of human capital expertise (flexibility in what specialization) whose initial deployment will be to the Talent Management team. There, s/he will collaborate with the CTO and peer SMAs to shape and drive the direction of the team, including its design and projects. Example projects may include change management projects, engagement management, communications, etc. Additionally, s/he will work closely with a rising manager (Management Associate) to develop him/her while receiving partnership and support on team initiatives.
Longer term, the SMA may choose to remain focused in Talent Management with increased leadership responsibility or explore opportunities to rotate into another part of our client’s business depending on his/her performance. The ultimate goal is for this SMA to develop into a business-unit and eventual enterprise-level leader.
* Design and supervise projects in the talent management space that support our client’s people-goals and the immediate goals of the Talent Management team
* Create and deliver communication about talent management to Senior Leaders and the Company
* Partner with Senior Leaders across the company to understand the talent management goals for their organization and collaborate on strategies to achieve them
* Act as a subject matter expert in one or more dimensions of human capital strategy, adding depth and breadth of knowledge to the Talent Management team
* Proactively engage in our client’s culture and principled way of being
CLIENT: Our client is the family office for the founder of a leading multi billion dollar hedge fund and global institutional asset manager.
ROLE: Our client is seeking a Project Associate to join the the family office's Project Management Pillar (PMP). This individual will report directly to the Head of the Project Management Pillar and will be responsible for supporting the coordination, management, and execution of the family office projects in a timely and excellent “machine-like” way. While the content of these projects will vary in nature, this person will play a direct role in executing them.
Given the evolving needs of the Founder, these individuals must also be agile; able to think on their feet and excited to handle changing priorities and new initiatives. As these employees will handle highly sensitive information, these individuals must also demonstrate high integrity and discretion. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to build long lasting quality relationships and be a part of the commitment to ensuring the owner’s goals and standards are met through managing special initiatives and projects.
* Manage several small to medium family office projects concurrently – including timing, budget and deliverables
* Oversee stakeholders responsible for delivering projects
* Ensure efficient and effective project management tools and practices are deployed
* Project Management Responsibilities:
o Develop project plans and budgets
o Track project schedule and budgets
o Provide regular status updates to the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager
o Identify and resolve project issues
o Identify and mitigate project risks
o Identify project/tasks dependencies
o Escalate project issues & critical decisions
o Manage project related external vendors/contractors
o Seek input and validation from believable parties
o Hold project RPs accountable to their roles and responsibilities
* Provide support to the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager when required
Our client is a next-generation investment bank serving the new media and technology economies.
Our client is seeking a Media Associate to join their newly formed New Media Consulting Group to focus on their growing Media and New Media Clients seeking their advice to navigate the coming 3-5 years. This position will be located in San Francisco with Los Angeles and New York as options. Our client currently enjoys consulting relationships and special projects with Discovery, CBS, MGM, Lionsgate and more.
Help chart and navigate select Media and New Media as it pertains to emerging distribution channels and business models. Focus will be on giving advice, recommendations and introductions in a consulting capacity backed with primary research in the space. Projects will include:
Our client is a membership e-commerce platform on a mission to make the world’s highest quality natural and organic products available for every American family.
Our client is seeking a Finance & Corporate Strategy Associate. This person will report directly to the VP of Finance and will work closely with the CEO, CFO and other members of the Executive team. The Finance & Corporate Strategy team’s purpose is to use data, analyses, and business judgement to help the Company and its leaders make more thoughtful financial decisions. While the role will have routine responsibilities, a large component of the work will be project-based. Thus, the role will require juggling multiple projects at any given period of time. Responsibilities will include: using analyses to help make better business decisions, developing the business plan for additional products & channels, working with business leaders to understand and arrive at accurate drivers for the business, conducting one-off analyses to support various company initiatives, and communicating findings/learnings to key stakeholders (team, execs, Board, etc.). In addition, this role will be pivotal in organizing and presenting financial and operating data, helping to create investor presentations, board decks, and internal company presentations.
This role is meant for candidates who have a background in investment banking, financial/strategic operations, or management consulting.
* Cross-functional project-based initiatives:
* Work with leaders across the organization to help them use data to make better business decisions. Example projects include:
* What factors affect whether or not a member is likely to renew her membership?
* How much effort should be spent to retain a trial member who calls in to cancel her membership?
* How does SKU assortment affect volume within a given product category?
* How large an opportunity could Private Label become in 1 year? 5 years?
* What variables have the greatest effect on a Member’s LTV?
* What categories could we enter to expand the share of wallet we are getting from our members? What are the financial and business implications of entering these new categories?
* Developing KPI’s: Leverage learnings to create KPI’s that business leaders can use to help manage the business
* Financial Modeling: Create and manage forecasting models for daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning processes. You should be able to build a fully integrated operating model starting with a blank excel sheet
* Reporting: Work with the Technology and Data Strategy teams to incorporate past results and create automated reports that highlight KPI’s. Work collaboratively with department leaders to build out and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly business performance reports, including variance analysis versus last year, plan and forecast
* Communication: Create presentations that clearly articulate findings, recommendations, and next steps, and communicate those findings to key stakeholders across the Company