Director - Placed at a leading technology hardware firm
San Francisco, CA
$40B+ Investment Management Firm is looking to hire an Investment Analyst to work on $16B Flagship Fund.
• Analyze global companies and generate investment ideas within the investment strategy. The successful candidate should be flexible, and willing to work within the framework of the strategy.
• Perform thorough fundamental analysis of a company’s business and financial position; including cash flow analysis, balance sheet and income statement evaluations. Utilize a quantitative screening tool to help target research. Coverage responsibilities will span geographies and industries.
• Develop and communicate investment recommendations based on comprehensive industry and company research through various sources of information, including annual reports, networking with industry contacts as well as interviews with senior management.
• Assist in the continued build out of the strategy, including detailed analysis of stocks across multiple sectors and participating in internal and external presentations. Key to the strategy is the analyst’s skill in honing in on stocks that will be able to achieve a shareholder yield.
• Fundamental equity research experience required
• MBA Required
• A demonstrable track record of success in stock selection.
• A highly evolved skill set in developing a view point on a company as a result of detailed financial models and company research.
• Capacity to function with minimal supervision while providing appropriate and meaningful feedback to senior management on issues/challenges.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, adapt to an entrepreneurial group, and to think and act independently.
• Strong verbal and written presentation skills, with the ability to communicate in a timely and investment-relevant manner.
• Demonstrated understanding of financial statements, models and our disciplined approach to investing.
We're working on an exciting opportunity at the top emerging VC fund based in SF. Their mission is to bring automation to the real economy; they focus on companies that bring together human and artificial intelligence. The team is wrapping up a successful fund one, and looking for an investment professional to join their team as they start investing out of fund two.
This is a unique opportunity to join a lean team with strong investing and operating DNA and goals of becoming the top player in the space. Ideally candidates have a mix of operating and early stage investing experience, have the ability to source opportunities, build good will with founders/CEOs, lead due diligence, and champion the full investment process.
Our client is looking for an exceptional candidate to join their investment team as an Associate Partner. You’ll be based in London, and will lead or co-lead investments in startups across Europe.
As an Associate Partner, you will be tasked with actively identifying, sourcing and executing technology investments for the firm. Each month they intersect with a huge number of businesses, most which approach them, and the first challenge is to figure out which the team should spend time considering. It’s essential to prioritize, filter thematically and assess quickly and thoroughly.
They don’t wait for the pitches to roll in, however. As important is the outbound work, building relationships with the most ambitious founders across Europe before they’re necessarily planning to fundraise. They’re a small team with a lot of ground to cover, don’t often miss something great but they all take it personally if they do.
As for the people, you’ll be joining two co-founders with decades of experience as investors and operators in Europe and Silicon Valley. They founded the firm in 2014 as a small equal partnership by design, and you can expect an open and straightforward culture. Also important, their values drive their behaviour and the same goes for everyone on their team. Their style is socratic, no-nonsense and collegiate, so being able to challenge others and defend your opinions is essential. Everyone at the firm looks out for each other and they laugh a lot too.
Biotech Analyst – Long Only Asset Manager – New York
Our client is a well-established Long Only Asset Manager focused on innovation. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of buy-side public equities experience (long/short or long only), at a fund with a long-term, deep-dive fundamental investing strategy, focused on biotech or pharmaceuticals. The candidate should have experience generating investment ideas and independently conducting full due diligence on stocks.
Our client is a venture capital firm with a successful 40 year track record and more than $20 billion assets under management. Our client is recruiting for a Principal to join their Medical Devices / Healthtech team in the Menlo Park office. The Principal will support the senior members of the Healthcare team and will play an integral supporting role in the generation of new investment ideas, in conducting due diligence for new investments, and in the management of current portfolio positions by working with company management and founders on fundraising, goal achievement, operational issues, and assessment of strategic alternatives.